Sunday, September 15, 2013

Addison's Senior Pictures


I haven't blogged about a session in a while because...well, because I'm lazy and I haven't wanted to try to think. 


During this session, however, I saw something beautiful that did made me think. 


I saw a step-dad investing in his family and specifically in his stepson. 


I've known Addison's mom for a while, but I don't really know the ins and out of their family dynamic. But something was clear that day: this family has some love. 

(This one is my favorite!)

If you don't know already, men don't particularly care for my profession. Most of the time, when I have to photograph a man, I add "I'll be torturing you today" to my introduction and the biggest response to that is: "Yeah...I hate taking pictures." All those sweet men join in the family pictures, smile even though they feel silly and wear the uncomfortable clothes their wives picked out for them. 



Even though Paul was only in one picture and wasnt being "tortured," he didn't complain at all about being there (at least, not to me!) It impressed me that he even came to the session when he didn't have to.
On top of that, he happily followed us around, listened and made conversation, and even participated in setting up a few shots by kicking around the soccer ball. He may have been doing all this for his wife, like most of the men I photograph, (its the old "if mama aint happy, aint nobody happy" principle at work), but he was also doing it for his boy. And I could tell. I'm smart like that. 


All this to say that he made me think: about the impact we have on people, and about how investing in our families and small, simple acts of loving support can make a difference. 



Kudos, Paul. 

And congratulations, Addison! Be thankful for this influence in your life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment