Monday, August 6, 2012

A small world and small toes: Connor Gibbs Newborn Photography

The thing that stood out to me about this session wasn't so much the cute little newbie, although he IS pretty stinking adorbs, but it made me think about what small world we live in. I went to high school with a bunch of people, one of whom walked into my little coffee shop job one week before I moved to Chattanooga, and while we caught up, she told me she lives in Chattanooga. Later, I met Connor's mama when I ran into her and my high school buddy at the mall. At this session, while I chatted with Connor's sweet mother and grandmother, I learned that we have a lot of things in common: mutual friends, parenting experiences, and passions regarding serving our local ministries. They both have served at Choices Pregnancy Resource Center, where I've been volunteering for the past couple of years. After a bunch of, "Oh, so you know so-and-so?! Isn't she sweet!?" a friend of mine from a completely different circle knocked on the door. She was there to buy a baby wrap she found on the Chattanooga Mom's Exchange. Weird.
When we first moved from Fairhope to Chattanooga, I loved the anonymity of the "big city." It was completely opposite from the small town I'm from where you better have every hair in place if you're heading to Wal-Mart, cause there, you'll see at least five people you know and they'll all talk about your crazy hair behind your back. It's not total anonymity when I run to the store in Chattanooga now, but I'm beginning to see and appreciate the fact that we're all connected in some way. People can be different in so many ways, but it's reassuring to know that we're all unified in more than one way. We all know a so-and-so, we all feel the same things and we all are made for one divine purpose. Anyway, welcome to this beautiful, small world, Connor!


I love the wrinkles in this one! And the puppy hat is priceless!

He look so peaceful!

I like this angle... probably just because it's not the usual.

Connor and his adorable big sister.

And their tootsies!


I just love photographing itty bitty ones! Thank you, Amanda! Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment