Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Anticipation: Callie Seebach's Newborn Photographs

I could tell as soon as I met the Seebach's that they were proud new parents. Kara ended up sharing that they tried for six years before they became pregnant with Callie. What a wait! I can't imagine how happy they must have been to finally meet this precious girl after such a long wait! When I think of the growing Seebach family, I think of the start of the first family.
Genesis 2  
18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.
But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
23 The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.
God noticed that Adam needed a mate, but first, He brought EVERY animal to Adam for him to name and to look for a mate. How long would that have taken??  The dating world isnt' always fun, but going through every single animal? That sounds like it would test some patience:
"This as a mate?...
"A Giraffe?  No thanks, God. A little too...gangly."
"Hm....How 'bout this?.
"Elephant? Nah, I'll pass. That's a little too much to love, if ya know what I mean."
"Her?"
"Squid? Really? Don't even joke."  
When Adam opened his eyes, I bet he was just overwhelmed to see something made just for him after looking and waiting for so long. I love that the scripture switches to this poetic little piece of "bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh..." instead of the narrative of the rest of the chapter.  Adam's heart must have been so full after his anticipation was finally met with a creature who was perfect for him. The Seebach's may have had a different kind romance hit their hearts when they met Callie, but I'm sure it was comparable to that first wave of love that washed over Adam and moved him to poetry. I'm sure that's why God made him wait: so he could fully appreciate her, so he could love her so well.

Eric and Kara, keep loving and appreciating this beautiful little piece of your own flesh and bone. She is perfect for you guys. Congratulations!

I love Kara's smile in this one. She loves that baby.



Mom and Dad gave her this necklace. I think she likes it.


What a princess. She's so beautiful!

My lens fogged up when I took it outside into the heat of the day. I waited for my camera to acclimate to the change in temperature, but I ended up liking the foggy photograph better. Especially with that lens flare. :)

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment