Monday, April 23, 2012

Cheap Talk

Eph 5:7 "Talk is cheap, like daydreaming or other useless activities. Fear God instead."
Wow, I really talk too much (just ask my husband!) Often when I talk to God, I can just babble on and on, and "useless" is the perfect word for it. When I'm chatting it up, I often forget to praise Him. Anything that doesn't glorify Him is essentially futile, ending in boring routine or dying out with other trends. When I chatter, I don't leave my quiet time with His peace or joy like I do when I just "be still" and stand in awe of His presence. The creator of the universe. The savior of my sins. How wonderful You are! Thank You for giving me grace for all the complaining and false promises I give to You and for loving me enough to tell me to shut it.

What do you talk too much about?

No comments:

Post a Comment