Monday, April 2, 2012

Amy and Jeff: Engagement Pictures


I met Amy a few months ago, and I can’t think of a time when I haven’t seen her smiling or making someone else smile. She has one of those contagious laughs. Aren’t those the best??  Makes me want to tuck her into my pocket and pull her out on rainy days. And even not so rainy days. She’s just fun to be around, so when I heard she was engaged, I couldn’t be more excited.



Until she said I could do her engagement pictures! We had a lot of fun doing these, as you can tell from this one.  She "hooked him!"
A hailstorm was threatening our skies just as the time for our session came around, so we had to last-minute reschedule to this little nifty place downtown. I love the atmosphere at Warehouse Row, but the lighting was WAY different than what I’m used to, which is mostly full-on, blind your eyeballs kind of sunlight. This was directly overhead, spotty, dim, sometimes green and sometimes reddish light. Not at all the natural light I've grown accostumed to. It was fun experimenting with different lighting, even though it was more than a little outside my comfort zone. It was nice to lighten up (pun!), take the lighting for what it was, and challenge myself to appreciate it for how it gave these photos a totally different feel and mood from my others. With or without weird lights, I think the couple made the pictures in this case. Aren’t they just the sweetest??

No comments:

Post a Comment